This web design contract sets out the terms and conditions of a typical website design and development arrangement. Review the initial sections of the contract via this link:
Precedent Web Design Contract
Web designers will want to ensure that the scope of their work is clear at the outset, and that the customer's payment obligations are water-tight. Customers will want to ensure that they get their websites, on time and in budget. Both parties will want to ensure that the intellectual property rights in the website are properly dealt with. This web design contract form can be adapted to cover all or any of these matters.
The key terms and conditions of the precedent web design agreement include:
- Definition of "defect": what exactly constitutes a defect in the website that must be remedied by the designer?
- Delivery and acceptance: what procedure (if any) will be used upon the completion of the website to confirm that it meets the specification and does not suffer from any defects?
- Third party works: what third party works (photos, graphics, text, etc) will be incorporated into the website, and how will rights in these works be licensed?
- Intellectual property rights: will the IP be owned by the designer or the customer?
- Warranties: what enforceable warranties and representations does the web designer give to the customer in relation to the website?
A full listing of the sections of the template agreement is as follows: (1) Definitions and interpretation, (2) Term, (3) The Services, (4) Customer obligations, (5) Delivery and acceptance, (6) Third Party Works, (7) Unlawful Content, (8) Charges and payment, (9) Intellectual Property Rights, (10) Warranties, (11) Limitations and exclusions of liability, (12) Data protection, (13) Confidentiality and publicity, (14) Termination, (15) Effects of termination, and (16) General.
If you buy this web design contract form, we will send you and email with a download link.
The contract is provided in MS Word format and is 14 pages long (including guidance notes).
General information about web design agreements can be found on our web design agreement resources page